The goal of this ministry to help women experience the reality of relationship with Christ in daily life and connect with one another in meaningful relationships.
Youniquely Women is the name of the Women’s Ministry at Westside. The name is intended to remind us that each woman is unique and her worth is grounded in the fact that God created her in His image. We embrace that role as defined by God and expressed in His Word.
A biblical worldview shapes our understanding of how we are to interact with people, experience healthy relationships and live as salt and light in a culture that is opposed to Christianity and the Bible.
Therefore, it is the goal of this ministry to help women experience the reality of relationship with Christ in daily life and connect with one another in meaningful relationships. This is really a ministry of One-Anothering as we seek to encourage, love, pray for, submit to, instruct, and help one another on this journey called life. As many members of one body, we want to be a beautiful reflection of the One Whose image we bear.
We seek to do this through specialized teaching intensives, an annual Ladies Conference, Care Groups, regular fellowships, and various ministries that allow women to use their spiritual gifts, engage in service and help meet the needs of every woman in the Body of Christ.
- LIFT (Ladies in Faith Together): Ladies meet on Sundays at 5:30 in the Education Center to pray for the services and needs of the church
- Outreach Ministries:
- Widows and Homebound members- weekly visits to encourage and help in practical ways – annual Widows Brunch – Christmas poinsettias
- Christmas outreach for families in the community
- Bible Study Fellowship – Community Bible Study (Get Connected with BSF)
- Annual Women’s Conference (Listen to Conference Sessions)
- Teaching Intensives – periodic topic driven teaching specific to women – dates and times to be announced (Listen to Summer Teaching)
- *New in 2019! - Care Groups – smaller groups of 8-10 in which belonging and connectedness is fostered, meaningful relationships can be formed and spiritual growth is encouraged
- Lay Counseling: You do not have to walk through struggles alone - Lay counselors are available to offer encouragement and a safe place to share our brokenness and pain as the result of our sinful choices and the effects of others’ sinful choices on our lives. These include pornography addiction, infidelity, abortion, sexual abuse, grief and loss, and anxiety, just to name a few. Anything related to Marriage & Family Issues, Women’s Issues or the need for spiritual encouragement can be discussed with women who have, in many cases, walked the same path. Confidentiality is always maintained!
- Periodic Events to provide fellowship and encouragement
- Ladies Garden Party Tea
- Afterglow – Ladies fellowships after Sunday evening service